The Volunteer Handicap Parking Enforcement Patrol
- To prevent the unauthorized use of handicap parking stalls by promoting community awareness.
- To promote cooperation between the volunteers and the police in resolving the problem.
- To enforce the City Ordinances and State Statutes on handicap parking.
- To aid the police, freeing them to respond to higher risk calls.
- Must be 21 years of age and a United States Citizen.
- Must pass initial screening, a background check, and an interview.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have valid insurance, and access to transportation.
- Must serve without expectation of pay or reimbursement for any expenses incurred.
- Must successfully complete certification training and any refresher classes that may be offered.
- Have a laminated photo ID as approved by the Chief of Police.
- Have a completed application on file with the Coordinator of Volunteers.
To learn more about this program and/or become an HCPP volunteer, contact the Omaha Police Coordinator of Volunteers at (402)444-3598.
Handicap Parking Enforcement Packet